I don't know if it is just me but it seemed like August just flew by. It seems like the 4th of July was only a week or two ago. They say time flies when you are having fun. Here are my most fun and Joyful moments in August (in no particular order)
- Taking my mom on a mini vacation to Atlantic City. I booked our trip before the news about Revel's closing was official. We were there a couple of days before it closed. It is really a shame that it is closing. The space is awesome. I hope someone comes in and buys it before it deteriorates. I have to also comment on the staff. Even though they were only days away from closing they were all pleasant and professional. I was glad to see the place and glad to spend some time having fun with my mom.
- I found my old middle school and high school ID cards. They put a smile on my face. I look the same I think.
- Going to Fit Retreat Philly. This was my first time attending any type of fitness retreat or conference. I was proud of myself for keeping up with the class. I enjoyed discussing the psychology of food and positive body image. I also have to give myself a pat on the back for going to this conference alone. I always prefer to do things with friends, but learning to do what I want on my own is something I am working on.
- Coverage of the Taney Dragons. I enjoyed the news coverage of the 13 year old female softball player from Philly. I enjoyed seeing some kids get positive press. It was also nice for a Philly team to be doing well.
- I got to visit one of the pop-up-parks here in Philly with fellow blogger friend Me, Myself and Ems after reading about it on her blog.
- Oh and of course, The Chasing Joy Brunch & Learn. We learned all about the law of attraction. I had a great time.