Many of you know I am not a full time blogger. I have a day job. That day job is for the Federal Government. The same Federal Government that has been the subject of spending cut and sequestration talk all over the news. (I am just a lowly worker bee with no knowledge of anything important so don't bother emailing me about anything Governmental) Talk of cutting our hours by one day a week. Talk of F-ing with my Money!
I guess you can tell I'm not pleased. Would you be pleased? I think not!!!
Good thing I have an obligation. I have an obligation to myself and an obligation to you readers, to ,keep Chasing Joy. I mean someone F-ing with your money can really throw a wrench in the whole joy thing. But I can't go out like that. So here is my They F-ing With My Money But I'm Still Joyful Furlough Plan.
- Look on the bright side.
- 8 less hours per week with the few co-workers that I consider to be Joy Thieves.
- I will get to sleep later and get off work earlier as I go from a 10 hour day to an 8 hour day.
- I will have more time for blogging and having social media fun with you guys.
- I will have a big incentive to live within my means.
- I will have a built in excuse to not go to things I don't want to. "I'm sorry my pay was cut because of the Furlough and I can't afford that right now"
- I can read more blogs and books.
- Have a plan to cut expenses and boost income.
- I can reduce my eating out to only 1 meal per pay.
- I can cut back on what I spend on gift giving (sorry family) and charity.
- I can cut my cable down to basic.
- I can be more conscious of utility use in the house (lights left on, turn down heat, use less water)
- I can decrease the amount I am paying on my debt.
- I can plan my meals and grocery shop more conservatively.
- I can plan my driving routes to not waste gas.
- I will look for more paid blogging opportunities.
- I will sell more tickets to the Chasing Joy Brunch & Learn (though I'm sure you've all already purchased your tickets, Right? Right??)
Have you ever been Furloughed or Laid Off? Were you able to stay positive and Joyful? If so how did you do it? Did you see it coming and already have a plan in place? If you will be impacted by the sequestration and Government worker Furlough do you have a plan in place? What will you do if they start F-ing with your money???